details.

The MAC seems like it is super fast if you only open around 40-50 images to

edit. anything more and it bogs down until you get down to the 40-50 and then

it zooms.

So my question is 1) is that normal? 2) How many images should I open into CS3

to work on?

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Ellis- I just got the computer so there isn't much on there. I have 1 gig ram. I don't know how to set what is needed for photoshop.

(sorry- but trying to remember all that you said but can't)

Why 40-50images? because I have 1,000 to edit and opening up 200 at a time makes it a little easier to stay on track.

I just got off the phone with Adobe support. Ok, it is RAM- even though the guy was not

really able to fully answer my question, RAM is what it boils down to.

I am not used to MAC- since I have always been a PC user. My PC has 4 gig of RAM, 750 Gig

Hard Drive and DUO 3.75 ghz processors and was still slow as crap! So I was not thinking

about the RAM as much as I was thinking about shortcuts or protocol. No biggie- so I can

only open 40 -50 images. I would rather do that and work through them quickly then to have

200 open and sit there all day as it takes 10 minutes to do 1 function. So at least I learned

something.

1gig of RAM to work on 50 image is a bit ridiculous, even JPEG image...

1_add mor RAM

2_Why wont you use a software design exactly for that purpose call Lightroom? and in need of local enhancement, use photoshop? Lr will let you color balance, sharpen, crop, rotate etc...whatever youre need are pretty fast.

I don't understand why you have to open all those images all at once, it's not like you can

parallel process them all at once. Use Adobe Bridge as a light table and open the file when

you are ready to work on it. Suppose say you are preparing a batch of images for posting on

the web, your work flow will involve doing the same steps for each image over and over again

(e.g. crop, adjust resolution, convert color space, sharpen), use the auto scripting tool to

automate your workflow will speed things up quite a bit.