2 5D functions missing on 1Ds Mark III

ymages

On the 5D I am using AF + * for auto-focus, without pressing * the AF become not

possible , on 5D it is [C. Fn] number 4 ,Number 1 Lock AE/Autofocus

do you know where it is on the 1Ds Mark III ?

on the 5D they are 7 modes : C, Bulb, M, Av, Tv, P (and green square)

do you know where is the mode C on the 1Ds Mark III ?

thank you

Your post is incredibly unclearly worded.

Am I correct in understanding that you want to move the autofocus command off of the half shutter button and put it on the AE lock (*) button, like you get with the "AE Lock/AF" setting on the 5D?

If so, the description before the slash tells you what the half shutter button does, and the description after the slash tells you what the AE lock (*) button does Therefore, if my understanding is correct as to what you want, then you can choose any one of the options that puts "AF" after the slash.

I am not sure of the exact controls of the Mk. III, but I can't imagine why the Mk. III would not have an "AE Lock/AF" or an "AE/AF" option, since these are probably the most frequent (and sensible) CF selections for those who are custom function inclined.

Or is it "AF/AF Lock" that you are after?

At any rate, once you understand the slash thing I explained above, you can decipher what the options are pretty quickly.

Keith

The Leica M8 is a totally different camera. If you want to shoot like the Leica M8 with the 1Ds

Mk 3 just turn off everything and shoot manual. I use manual focus and manual exposure on

mine. So I can't really help you with your custom function problem. ;-) The only item I do a

custom function is the white balance.

• 3 weeks later...