time is running out?

Of course time exists - it says so right here on my computer at the top of each post.

If it only exists for us humans then how come my dog knows when it's supper-time!?

Just because something is intangible, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Democracy, Judaism, Temperature, Algebra all exist, right? We can see their effects, like we can see the effects of time. It's a concept, a way of thinking. Doesn't make them any less real.

Also, in the material world, do dinosaurs exist? Dodo's? Rainbows? World peace? Does something exist now if it ever existed in the past, what about if it will happen in the future but has not yet come to pass. "Of course not" I hear you say, but of course, the only thing that separates the past from the present in future is time itself, now tell me it doesn't exist.

The concept that time doesn't exist is simply weird - by the way, black is white, right is wrong, up is down.

cheers,

Guy

Yes, time exists but only as a concept of the human mind, like you say. But it isn't 'out

there, flowing somewhere' as a physical entity or energy. What seperates our past from our

present isn't time as an entity in itself, it's memory that seperates them. The past is only

inside our heads. And the future is also nothing but a human construct, it isn't waiting on

an arrow of time somewhere for us to arrive at it, it doesn't exist in that sense. And yes,

there are many views, and not one of them holds the absolute thruth. Anyway, weird is

good, I like weird...

"Is "invented" a lot different than "created?" "

Except he didn't say "created" either, Brad. He said he "took the initiative in creating the internet," not that the created it, or created it by himself. A distinction with a difference (create and invent have different meanings, and Gore indeed did help bring about the creation of the internet as such), and only in a single interview, admittedly in a clumsy rhetorical sentence.

Vint Cerf, the "father of the internet" has defended Gore on this subject:

http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~fessler/misc/funny/gore,net.txt

Not like our current Preident has EVER said anything so.... ah, forget it. I've got to go put food on my family.

• 2 weeks later...

This is funny. I was going to post a topic on "too many cameras, not enough time" and clicked on this thread hoping the topic would match.

I am usually relatively passive about the relativity related topics... but what's the prediction? Are we going from four dimensions to four dimensions or from four to six?

If all that's happening is two extra time dimensions are being added, we should be ok, as long as we all stay on the one axis of time we had before. That's the linear axis we know now.

Question is - how to do it?

PS: the article is nonsense.