120 and 220

chris_autio

I just processed 4 rolls of 120 in a tall tank and 2 220s in another tank. I have not experienced this

before, but residual flecks were on my 120 films, most noticeably in the skies. No flecks were on the

220s. I rewashed the 120s by soaking them overnight and photo flo-ing them. The problem was solved.

I surmise that the flecks were from the black glue that holds the paper backing to the film.

I have never seen 120 that was glued to the paper. It is normally held on with a piece of tape on the rolls I have processed. I usually remove the paper, but just fold the tape over the end of the film to make it easier to start on a metal reel. I suppose the tape could cause a problem, but in my limited experience it has always been just fine.

Hello,

Because I was never sure if it was okay to develop the film with the tape still attached, I simply use scissors to cut it off (and a portion of the film. It isn't difficult, and since you need to trim the corners anyway, it doesn't really represent any extra work.

I hope this helps,

jim