amazon?

Hi,I m looking forward to buy eos 30d from amazon. I found the following package

at $1599.95 at amazon. I am not sure whether I will be getting the original

stuffs or not. If somebody has previously purchase anything from amazon,please

let me know.....cheer up!

(Canon EOS 30D 8.2MP Digital SLR Camera + Canon EF 28-135mm IS USM Lens Outfit +

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens + Transcend 4GB 120X CompactFlash Card + Spare

Replacement Battery for Canon BP-511 + Cameta Incognito 1000 Deluxe SLR Gadget Bag

Amazon is a fine company, I purchase from them all the time. Amazon is also a store front for other on line sellers, for example, Amazon sells for Adorama Camera also. I have bought from many of these other companies through Amazon as well with very good experience. According to your description above, I think you are buying from Cameta Camera. Cameta has a very big eBay presence with very excellent ratings, I bought a DEMO DSLR from Cameta and they were very professional.

At the price you indicate, all is probably well. However, you need to check the details carefully, since I once found a really great bargain on a Nikon digital SLR on Amazon, only to discover that to get that bargain I was supposed to send a money order to an address in Romania. In short, though I reported this Amazon, nothing happened, so be aware that some bad apples lurk in the dark parts of the barrel on Amazon.

Tenzin,

<p>

When buying from Amazon you have to be careful to see who is actually selling the item.

<p>

Is this the 30D outfit you saw?

<p>

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Transcend-CompactFlash-Replacement-Incognito/dp/B000QGU030/ref=sr_1_99/105-5220193-1939631?ie=UTF8&m=A36DL6WLK2RE7O&s=electronics&qid=1191620805&sr=1-99">30D Outfit</a>

<p>

This item is actually sold by Cameta Camera through Amazon. To see if the seller is trustworthy you can look at ResellersRatings.

<p>

<a href="http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CametaCamera">Cameta Camera's Ratings</a>

<p>

You can see they have good ratings.

<p>

The only thing that I would question is the 28-135mm lens choice. This is a fine lens for film cameras. For the Canon 30D I would personally look at the 17-85mm IS USM. It will cost more but it might have a more useful range.

I will note that I too have bought a number of items from both Amazon and Cameta, and have been extremely pleased. As I indicated, though, not all items sold on Amazon are necessarily from legitimate vendors-- as they say, look very carefully for the information on who is actually doing the selling. Most are legitimate, but in my own experience, Amazon does not always police the site as carefully as one might hope.

Amazon is so reputable, I wouldn't hestitate to order from them. I buy a lot of stuff from them. Even if you're not ordering from Amazon itself, you have protection through Amazon on all orders, even through their merchants. I have only had one bad experience--I ordered a CD and only got an empty CD case. The merchant failed to send the disc despite numerous e-mail contacts and promises. I contacted Amazon, they took over and had the merchant send a correction to my credit card company. My wife had a problem with a damaged item she ordered from Amazon. They e-mailed a UPS prepaid return label so the damaged item could be returned and sent a replacement immediately upon notification. I would trust Amazon without reservations.

This is all true IF YOU PAY ON AMAZON. The scam is an official-looking (but bogus) Amazon e-mail telling you to send your money order directly to Outer Slobovia, if you do that, you have no protection at all from Amazon.