What an eye !

Hopefully not unwelcome on this site. Since Leica and Rangefinder users also

work to develop 'an eye' for images, I thought this would be interesting.

Neither a 'Professional', nor an 'Expert', this is a young man whose pictures on

the Web attracted FujiPhoto's attention in HongKong, and they lent him an F30 to

shoot with. He uses other equipment as well, but his images are nothing short of

Spectacular !

http://hugopoon.blogspot.com/

Subhash

Yeah Pete, I think the kid has some potential...

But really, he needs to get a RF in his hands to realize success. Supersharp lenses not

degraded by goodness-robbing anti-alias filters, creamy smooth

bokeh,

unobtrusive body, quiet shutter, top grain leather strap, etc. Would be a real shame to

not have all that

working in your favor!

www.citysnaps.net

I think the 5D is better than the RD1 or the M8 and that kid likes to use digital. So even though I think the RF style would be better suited to his shooting than the SLR way of life, the digital RF technology is simply outshined by that of the dSLR. Until that changes he's better off.

Wow Brad, that kid has SKILLS and what an eye. I liked every shot though some of the treatments I didn't care for especially the "homeless" series. But i still liked each shot and some of them just had me drooling, especially the "shooting" series. Yikes. Thanx. Too bad he doesn't "get it" about bokeh and all that. Should I write him and inform him of what he's doing wrong? He obviously needs guidance.

This young photographer is really impressive. I`m really wondered about the enormous creative fields opened by digital photography to this talented artists.

IMO this "style" (look) is going to be a "new classic". There are a growing group of good photographers using this powerful way of expression. Don`t know about how this images are treated by them, they must use the same tools. That thorough darkroom work of dodging, burning and masking under the enlargers has became far more efficient on the computer... on the right hands, of course.

About Brad`s irony, that creamy bokeh, unobtrusive body, etc. are compulsory "standards" among Leica photographers. I experience -exactly- the same at the golf course; it doesn`t matter if the player can hit or not the ball, the main problem/topic is the titanium or whatever composite material on the clubs...

What's superb about it, Allen? Angst-ridden, emo-driven, overly-literal, in-your-face photos revealing a clichéd obsession with violence, Photoshopped to hell and back to ensure absolutely no subtleties whatsoever remain in the images. An immature talent, at best. Are we looking at the same guy's stuff?

>>> What's superb about it, ... An immature talent, at best. Are we looking at the same

guy's stuff?

Agreed.

Stat - Before it's too late, somebody send the youngster a book of HCB's best photos,

Ansel's "The Negative" and

"The Camera" books, and a brick

of Tri-X. Toss in a tweed

sportcoat and some Sansabelt slacks and he'll be good to go. With

the right guidance and

participation in the forum, he can still be saved,

rise to competency, and chrun out proper pix the way they've been done for the last 100

years.

www.citysnaps.net