New book that look promising..

Hi, i just receive a alert from amazon, a new book on BW with CS3 and Lr are

coming out september 17, i will buy it and give you my umble oppinion about it.

Strangly it look like a Photoshop for photographer book by Martin Evening, but

the autor is LesLie Alsheimer? same color, same design... strange, they must

know each other?

here is the title.

Black and White in Photoshop CS3 and Photoshop Lightroom : Create stunning

monochromatic images in Photoshop CS3, Photoshop Lightroom, and beyond (Paperback)

Another book that I have been eagerly waiting for is Eismann's

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Digital-Darkroom-Katrin-Eismann/dp/

0596100477">Creative Digital Darkroom</a>. I took several workshops with her as she was

developing the material for the book, and the were comprehensive in providing a holistic/

integrated approach to digital photography and print production. Out November 15, 2007

according to Amazon.

Gan Esh, i have Photoshop CS3 for photographer book by Martin Evening, excellent. Also, you migth want to check www.lynda.com (they should give me a free pass by the amount of time i refered them!) pretty amazing and fast video, not only for PS, but Lr, indesign, illustrator, flash etc....25$/month, canceled anytime. Im a member for the past 8month, since Lr is out..i personaly use the video tutorial to learn Lr 1.0, never regret it and after 7hrs of tutorial i feel i could work with it easily. 2 must have.

I bought two CS3 books and are excellent. Both are intermediate to advanced intermediate level. One has already been mentioned above. I also own Eisman restoration book (awesome).

The two CS3 books I easily recommend are (beginners can get a ton out of these books too),

Martin Evening's "Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC"

"The Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)" by Scott Kelby

You owe it to yourself to have a library at home.

I just bought Scott Kelby's PS CS3 book (ref above post), and I must say, it's pretty good.

My first book on CS was Martin Evening's famous "PS for photographer" at the time for... 5 and then CS. but looking at the latest release, I couldn't see much changes (same pics, articles); just new stuff on CS3 ?and the book is not cheap!

that's where mister Kelby is better this time, I find. ok, he must have a nice editor to allow him to waste lots of paper on too many steps/screen shots + chatty bits. but I can see how it could also help some beginners.

and never forget "Real World Photoshop CS" by Fraser: still a reference (yes, you read CS! ? so much to learn!).