Captions under photographs

charedan

This morning all the captions under photographs have changed size and feel sometimes quite cramped,

and most of the time I can no longer see camera model in captions if the title of a picture is long enough.

Everything was fine last night.

The problem is visible using Safari on my iMac (full screen at 1680X1050) and InternetExplorer on my XP

PC (full screen at 1280X1024).

Thanks Dan!

I agree that the captions now do not look at all aesthetically pleasing. Using 'h1' formatting for the first two lines, and then 'h2' for the third also imbalances the line spacing. Perhaps some changes in fonts etc...might help somewhat.<br><br>Personally I am hopeful that this is the beginning of the adminstrators making some very welcome system wide changes incorporating some of the numerous good suggestions that subscribers have been making, and that they looked at the captions for more reasons than just to add an advertising Amazon link to the 'Camera Model' data.

Mike-- More than likely just another in a series of errors. The system went down yesterday

for a bit and when it was "fixed," the bold titles were present. Doubt it was intentional. Also

doubt that today's multiple time-outs and slowdowns are intentional but they sure are

annoying.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Josh, without asking this REALLY REALLY stupid question in the forum. Will I ever get MY camera back under my picture?

I see others that have THEIR camera under their picture and funny if you CLICK on it their is a hyperlink that goes to AMAZON.com. You know "I" have nothing wrong with this as it is a great advertisement tool but BOY are those people in other countries going to have a problem with that as it will cause them to slow down if they accidently click on it. They wait so long just for pages to load. We forget that. It is the ADVERTISEMENTS that slow the pages down. Those flashes that do this. Let's consider them a bit here. I agree. Maybe consider making those people overseas with a certain NON capability of internet NOT to have to have all this advertisement. These things are really causing them frustration. I know I get impatient when I have to wait seconds for a page to load or upload.

ok... went on the rant (sorry). Someone else kind of mentioned it so I had to say something.

So, my camera, will it be back on my page?

Just curious as I don't have MY camera anymore (haven't changed anything, still clicking on my camera). AND I notice several other people haven't got theirs anymore yet some do.

Yes curious. That's all. Thank's bunches! ~ oh and when can I use two exclimation points. I sure would like to in this forum ;) he he

lol, it won't be the first time I have totally talked circles where even "I" don't understand what I wrote.

Ok,

under the pictures it tells you the title and your name and then the camera you used.

Well, my camera is gone (sad panda face).

Some people still have their camera and they have a hyperlink that goes to Amazon.com.

I don't even have that.

Now if you go to detals it is still there but it just isn't under the picture anymore. Does that makes since. I know that Daniel put it in Cliff Notes version. BUT, I wanted to see if I could actually do it too.

Anything about the two exclamations being allowed in the forum yet? You know like at the end of a sentence. Ok just kidding. You guys do a great job. AND, I'm learning NOT to abuse my interjections. HA

• 3 weeks later...
A technically good image without a cogent caption is usually meaningless. Some images without captions are self-explanatory and can get by without them but are better with. generally it IS interesting to know the camera and lens used, but the exposure data is LESS Important. A pic in the 35mm section made with a 4x5 conveys minimal useful information for the viewer. If the image is uninteresting all else is meaningless. . . "Just the facts, Maam -- just the facts!" ((;~[