im a pro retoucher and i suscribe to this site 5month ago to learn Lightroom...worth every penny!

But dont take my word for it, just go there and see for yourself, they have free video for you to look before you commit.

and between you and me, for 25$/month you can go rong...it worth way more in my opinnion..but im happy they keep it that way.

I agree with both of the above: the $25 per month is an absolute steal - unlimited tutorials from the best teachers in the business! - and the quality of information is superb.

I have a shelf of barely touched books on programs like Photoshop (since about version 5); I finally realized I'm just not good at learning programs from a book. Seeing everything on a screen, moving, just as it will look for me, is simply more useful than seeing printed, static screen shots in a book.

I learned more from lynda.com in a month than from all of those books. Like Patrick said, anyone can view sample segments of the tutorials for free at Lynda.com (the 1-8 hour tutorials are split up into dozens of 2-6 minute segments, and the non-sample segments become viewable upon paying the $25/month subscription fee).

Note: One can only view the Lynda.com movies with an internet connection; they cannot be downloaded and viewed later, for obvious reasons.

I bought a photoshop dvd and illustrator CD a month ago from lynda.com, and really enjoy learning from them more than a book. I bought the cds to take with me, I can view at work, at home, laptop, etc. The only thing i dont like is i cant play on my tv, they use quicktime, maybe i need to upgrade my dvd player?