WANT TO SELL PHOTOS ON A WEBSITE

I am starting a sports photo biz.

I want to use a web service that provides the website and printing for me.

All I want to do is take the shots and upload the photos.

It will be used for sports photos only.

Can anyone help me?

I looked at shutterbug. They have a service that take 15% of what I make.

Does anyone know of a better website provider that does it all for me?

Thanks.

Scott.

If you're starting a business, but you're not going to be promoting it or doing the printing

yourself, you're going to have to accept that you're going to pay for it. 15% is not a bad take

considering that you don't have to pay for anything but your equipment -- no materials, no

hosting fees, etc.

I've used "Shutterfly Pro" for a year (just ran out - I didn't renew only because I'm not planning to do any events for a while). Very reliable and good print quality. Their shipping prices are a bit high (IMO). They use a model where you pay a yearly fee, and they take the "wholesale" cost of the prints out of your price, so the percentage varies with how much you mark them up.

I use and am pleased with SmugMug. My only beef, which is not their fault, is that they, like

many other such services, use EZ Prints for their printing. EZ Prints is in Georgia. I, and most

of my clients, are in San Francisco. When clients order standard USPS shipping, the wait can

be excruciating--often three weeks.

I have had excellent results with both Photoreflect and Pictology. Photoreflect allows you to publish unlimited images for an unlimited time. Pictology limits your events to 30 days. Both charge a percentage of the sale price, but both ease the ordering process and provide timely payment to the photographer.

If you really don't want to pay, then Photosite may be the place to go. One of my competitors in town uses that site. No online ordering, the customer has to write down the number / name of the file and send (snail mail) to the photographer. You get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

I use LifPics which charged me $50 one time set up fee and 15%. They also have a plan with a monthly fee and a smaller %. I am happy with what I have. For 15%, they do a lot. All I do is upload to their service. Anyone else have any experience with them?

Barry