Shoulder Bags - Tenba wins hands down

mitchfalk

Did the usual run through the aisles at B&H the other day comparing shoulder

bags, checked out all the competition - Tenba won out hands down. From the

superior ballistic nylon material to the extra thick bottom and wall padding and

padded strap, it was better than the rest by allot. Bought the 695 model - and

yes a Macbook just fits in the inner lid pocket and a I90 canon printer fits

perfectly in the outside front compartment.

I do find it interesting when people claim to have bought the best based on the materials used and before they've really tested the item. You'll find out whether your Tenba bag's good when you've carried it for a few days and photographed with it. Is it comfortable to carry with your gear in it? Does it stay on your shoulder? Does your equipment fall easily to hand when you've got the bag configured? Can you change lenses/filters etc without putting the bag down? If I can tick these boxes then I would happily accept second best on fabrics. Best of luck with it- I hope the performance lives up to the first impression.

I have a Tenba bag and the stitching at the top seam started to come loose couple of years ago. I managed to fix it with needle and strong string. Considering that I have used the bag for about 25 years, I think it has performed quite well. Certainly better than my Domke, which started to fall apart after two years of use.

Domke's should be considered disposable bags since they do wear out quickly with heavy, daily use. I still like them for their functionality, I just think of them as the UV protection filter of camera bags--just toss them out periodically and get a new one.