OS X mail and attachments

OK you guys with Mac experience... Help!

I migrated a few months ago from PC's to a Mac Pro. I use OS X mail as my email

program. How do you attach photos to an email without embedding them in the email?

Evey time I want to send an email with a photo it automatically embeds it rather

than just adding it as an attachment.

Any Ideas... or have I missed something simple somewhere?

Seems a silly place to post, but I have seen better reply to tech questions here

than on some of the IT forums!

Thanks for any help offered.

Simon

William,<p>

If it's just one photo, hold down the <b>Control</b> key and click on the photo's icon.<br>

You should then get a drop down menu which will contain the words <b>"Create Archive of..."</b> the name of your selected file.<br>

<i>It's usually located somewhere the top third portion of the drop down menu.</i><p>

While still holding down the mouse's button, drag the pointer to these words, and then let go of the mouse's button.<br>

If done correctly you will have created a zip file.<p>

If you have more than one photo, place them in a folder, name the folder and then proceed as above only this time control click on the folder's icon.<p>

Cheers!

Well, it is making the attachment when you drag the image into the message. However, the MacOS X mail application knows how to render many image formats and displays the attachments in the message space.

One thing to note: If you dont' want the text portion of your message broken up into attachments, drag all of your images to the bottom of the message (below the end of the text).