What do you have to do for some feedback/critiques?

It seems like the only feedback on photos around here come when there is a

really hot girl in a photo. I've seen this topic addressed in other forums, but

they were more disappointed in the fact that people many people are just here to

see 'hot chicks' for free and I really wanted some feedback on my portfolio. I

try the critique feature, but no attention there. I know I have room to grow, I

just wish I had something to work with. If you read this let me know what you

truly think of my portfolio and I will do the same for you if you have one.

Just a thought... if more than one person answers, share your thoughts on the

portfolio of the person who posted before you.

Well Greg, you have posted 17 critique requests and have commented on 5 photos, 2 of those your own. What do you expect?

This is a community and what goes around comes around. Hang around and contribute to the community, comment on photos, ask and answer questions in forums, etc. Then you will get good, meaningful critiques of your pictures. I see you do weddings and portraits. Go hang out in the Weddings and Events forum and see what you can learn. Then you might ask for a critique of your wedding work over there.

Miracles don't happen overnight. Participate in the community, it will give back to those who do.

<Chas>

Greg, take heart I usually comment on certain styles of photography and you may find that

other members are doing the same.

I haven't asked for critiques for my own photo's but I find I have some anyway. People have

looked at my page after I have commented on their images. Do as Inger and others say,

comment on photographs you genuinely like and then likeminded people will find you.

Back when I used to post photos on this site and put in photo critique requests I made a point to at the very least comment on the previous photo critique request in the queue. If everyone did this every photo up for critique would have at least one comment. Just a thought.

"This is a community and what goes around comes around. Hang around and contribute to the community, comment on photos, ask and answer questions in forums, etc. Then you will get good, meaningful critiques of your pictures. I see you do weddings and portraits. Go hang out in the Weddings and Events forum and see what you can learn. Then you might ask for a critique of your wedding work over there.

Miracles don't happen overnight. Participate in the community, it will give back to those who do."

BRAVO! Well said and so true.

Hi Mathew, nice name and spelling :)

Honestly, I love this site, but the rating and critiques are frustrating at best. I find either low or high ratings pretty useless without comments, and especially resent 2's or 3's without any supporting comments.

"What comes around goes around" is a nice thought, but I don't believe it's true here.