UNDEREXPOSED

Maybe you could use more development, rather than exposure? The shadows look OK, but I wonder if your high zones aren't as perky in the 'after' shot.

I think, maybe I'm wrong, but I think the 'before' photo was taken at one or two stops smaller aperture than the 'after' photo. So it's hard to make a direct comparison of focus. If you shot with an old Tessar wide open, it might be a bit soft anyway.

the after shot was fuji acros 100 at asa 100. i developed it in rodinal 1:50 at 20 degrees for 13 minutes.

yeah, after the cla. the rangefinder was all screwed up! ive been calibrating the rangefinder this evening or trying to. the issues i had were addressed in the cla. the camera came back with new issues. the pics seem really dark now.

It could be that the f-stop scale isn't properly aligned. That's not likely, however. I'd guess that the shutter speeds are running faster than before the CLA. The dirty shutter was likely running slow. Now it's giving the correct speeds. Try setting your ISO at 50 instead of 100.

Greetings,

Were both photos taken with the same aperture?

The after photo seems as if it were taken with it wide open. Some lenses, particularly early lenses, are not too sharp wide open.

The camera might be functioning as it should, but witout seeing a bunch of examples it's hard to determine.

If it aint broke........

Ken