Portra from B&H - New or old?

My film cupboard (OK, refrig.) is just about empty again, so an order to B&H is

forthcoming. One of the films I'd like to order is the NEW (not the old) Portra

160VC, so...

Has anyone placed a recent Portra order (35mm and/or 120) with B&H who can

verify whether they're now shipping the new stuff or still the old?

TIA

Scott

I had an outdoor shooting two weeks ago and tried (the main camera was digital) the new Portra 160NC. After I got the developed rolls back and fed them into my scanner I was very positively surprised - this new emulsion is tack sharp, scans beautifully and gave the portraits a unique and very nice tonality, in my opinion better than the old NC.

Have fun shooting,

Manuel

<p>Thanks to all for the responses. &nbsp It's great to hear that the new Portra seems to be nudging the old off the shelves.</p>

<p>Specifically for Jeff who asks &nbsp - &nbsp <i>"The info would be better first-hand, don't you think? :-)":</i></p>

<p>Perhaps you're not aware that there's been more than a little bit of retailer confusion when it comes to the new Portras. &nbsp Kodak made substantial changes to the films themselves, but only minor packaging changes, and no name change. &nbsp And with declining film sales, it's taken some time to clear out old inventory. &nbsp As a result, I've called local stores and have been assured that they have "the new stuff" only to drive out and find it's still the old. I've also received "they changed Portra? &nbsp Wow, I didn't know that!" as a response. &nbsp Specific to B&H, the last time I contacted them, (admittedly some time ago), I was told, "we can't be sure".</p>

<p>Given all of this, it seems pretty reasonable to me to inquire on a special interest forum as to what folks are <b>ACTUALLY</b> receiving from a vendor. &nbsp That, to me, is the best kind of "first-hand" info, plus now others know as well.</p>

<p>Scott</p>

Confused retailers & sales clerks? Say, "it ain't so!" :-)

If I need to call B&H or any other major supplier, I usually have the specific info at hand. You probably know the correct answer but you are looking for someone at the location to validate it. On rare occasions, I get wonderment and thank the clerk for checking and go to "plan B." :-)