Hi There - I have recently been to a few exhibitions featuring black and

white polaroids. I'd really like to get into this but I'm finding it difficult

to find the old peel back black and white film and also a working polaroid

that will accept the film. Does anyone know of any websites where these are

still available??

Thanks

Join the Polaroid forum at:

Polaroid

It is very active with lots of good info and informed members.

Instant film that is compatible with Polaroid cameras and backs is manufactured by both Polaroid and Fuji. Check out B&H Photo Video to review their instant film offerings.

As for a camera and/or back to accept the film, the Flickr forum has a number of posts which will answer your question.

I use two models almost every week. The aluminum bodied 350, and the 360, which has a

ni-cad flash. The ni-cad cell is usually quite dead when you find them for $10 at a flea

market, and the batteries are tricky to rig. I use 123's soldered in permanently. Will last at

least a year. A competent repair shop can put another ni-cad cell in the 360's flash for

$50.

The 350 takes the 265 flashgun (I think) and bulbs, 'M' class.

I really love these cameras and would not be without them. And as for film, fuji now makes

better than the original. Just keep those rollers really clean between packs and have a

blast.

A.

P.S.:

The metering system on these things is the most accurate thing I've ever worked with.

How it works I do not know, but what it does is add up the cumulative amount of light

falling on the scene, and even will time up to an eight minute exposure all by itself. Of

course you'll need the specially designed cable release from polaroid circa 1969 to do this.

You're about to get addicted to a $1.50 a shot camera.

Good luck!

Hi everyone, thanks a lot for the help. Luckily, I just managed to pick up a Polaroid Land 360 on ebay for ?30..For me it is worth the extra money to know that it has been tested and is working - it was being sold as a working camera as opposed to a collectable, i've come across that a few times. Can't wait to start using it! Just got some confusion over which films are compatible with the 360 Land?