Crown Graphic Special Stolen

grain

(I'm plastering this everywhere, please read)

On Monday 5/28/07 a trio of shady charecters kicked in my apartment door seeking a person who wasn't

there. When unable to wreak revenge on the unfortunate target of their agression, they grabbed the first

thing they saw of any value, which was a small camera/bike bag.

The bag contained my Crown graphic Special, which I had purchased NEW in its original boxes with all

documents and flash gun. I used it about thirty times. The shutter had been fired under 500 times.

The Graphic was Serial # 976983 & 8927062. One number is the lens and one the body, though I hadn't

written down which was which.

I expect these items will appear on Ebay SOON. The meter and holders I let go of, but I wan't that Graflex

back. If you folks are perusing any on-line vendors and come across the camera I describe, please ask

the seller for the S.N. of the item.

I still have the boxes and paperwork for this, my favorite user camera. That's where I got the S.N. because

the original vendor had sketched it on the ouside of the carton the boxes were in.

If you see a MINT Crown Graphic, please help it get home to he who loves it, as I'll never be able to

replace it- (remember, I'm its first owner. It wasn't used ever before me.)

Thank you all.

A.

You can only do so much. I know it hurts - I've been ripped off in the past, both by home burgler and auto smash-and-grab assholes. I think the hardest thing to swallow was the feeling of invasion. The property can always be replaced. The sense of security in one's home is another matter.

Good luck.

Let the local police know, and get the local pawn shop and camera shop owners involved. None of them are going to want hot property in their shops.

I agree somewhat with the above posts: You and whoever else was there are in one piece. The camera equipment can be replaced with equally-usable gear.

But of course, keep trying. But meanwhile, also keep shooting!

Lowell Ma.

Got myself a G2220 with a GITZO ball head to console myself. I carry it in and out wrapped

in an old sweatshirt, which makes it look like something else.

The door is fixed, and a better lock put on the entry way to the building.

Reward flyer got no response, locals and police suggest the perp threw it away once they

discovered it wasn't an easy item to fence. So I'm done. it's 35mm for the Nova Scotia trip.

Sad.

If anyone's interested, I have all the scantlings, books, and blue & gold boxes it came in.

Thanks for indulging my fantasy of getting it back.

A.