sRGB or AdobeRGB?<br />

RAW or Jpg Fine?

<br /><br />

SB-800:<br />

Set it on full TTL auto, yes?

<br /><br />

Lightsphere:<br />

Keep diffuser dome on except for tall ceilings?<br />

Use appropriate gels while using Lightspere?

<br /><br />

Any suggestions?

Suggested settings:

SB-800 = full TTL

Format = RAW

Camera = moot if RAW. "Soft" and other settings only apply to JPEGs.

Lightsphere = keep Lightsphere and diffuser dome in bag. Instead, use the Nikon diffuser dome. If you feel compelled to use the Lightsphere, get some theatrical riggers' tape to keep it in place.

Gels = Use amber gel for blend with incandescent light when using "slow flash". Omit gel for normal flash mode.

I don't agree with Edward. I prefer my lightsphere over my difuser dome. I do not use the lightspere dome at all though... that stays in my bag.

Camera on Raw

Flash on TTL.

Hopefully you know the f stops and shutter speeds for the lighting situation you are shooting in.

The lightsphere dome is that top of the "bottle," right? I use a demb so it's different but...if the dome is the top, then I would leave it off, too. That's kind of how the demb works - the light goes up for a whole lotta bounce, and then the light coming out the sides, back, and front is all diffused.

TTL and RAW for sure. I set it for Adobe RGB and all the settings to zero (hue, saturation, etc).

allan

If the wedding isn't tomorrow, I'd suggest experimenting with the LS. The reason the dome is recommended for low ceilings is because the flash's beam doesn't have enough space to widen out before hitting the ceiling and being re-directed downard. This causes "racoon eyes", particularly on close-ups. You can play with manually widening the flash beam, but to start with, I'd just follow the directions for the LS. Whether to gel is up to you.

Use the Nikon diffuser dome when you are shooting large groups in unnatural lighting (tungsten, halogen) or for fill flash. For me the lightsphere gives a much more flattering, natural lighting effect for portraits. Leave the lightsphere diffuser cap in your bag. Flip down the 14mm adapter when using the lightshere itself. I have found (and I've played with 14mm up to 85 mm on my SB-600) that this way gives shots a nice natural look. Give it a try.