Lightzone Charter Membership and New Lightzone 3.0

Just an FYI.

Talked the nice folks at Light Crafts about charter members and the upgrade to the completely new and

revised Lightzone version 3.0. Was originally worried they were going to charge anyway, even though they

promised a lifetime of free upgrades. No worries. They are rebuilding their charter member database and

plan on providing the upgrade for free-as promised. I was told to send them my name, copy of the sale

(date, where purchased, etc) and that would speed things up a bit. Charter membership refers to anyone

who bought Lightzone on or before March 31st, 2006.

Big demand, small company woes. Btw, version 3 is a great looking / acting upgrade. I am impressed.

Oh that's good to know. I guess I'm such a member and have emails from them saying there

will always be a free upgrade policy. I emailed them, got nothing back. And there's nothing

on their web page that discusses this, last time I checked.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

According to the press release on imaging-resource.com<p>

<b> "Only the full version of LightZone 3 is currently available for upgrade. LightZone 3 will only work with a full version 3 key. You can only use version 3 when you purchased either one of these: <p>

- New version 3 key <p>

- Upgrade from previous Full to version 3 Full <p>

- Upgrade from previous Basic to version 3 Full <p>

The full version is available for $249.95, the basic-to-full upgrade for $79.95 and the full-to-full upgrade for $49.95 from the online store." </b>

This is what they told me:

"The Charter membership will be honored for all users meeting the requirements. Yes you

do have to provide proof of purchase, name, time, place of purchase etc. Please write (sic)

lightcrafts.com if you have not already done so. You should get a response in a couple

days. We normally try to respond in 24 hours, but recently the mailboxes are overflowing

and we cannot guarantee an immediate answer.

In the meantime LightZone 3 has a 30 day demo period, so there shouldn't be any

emergency to get a new serial number immediately. You can use LZ3 now if you like."

I sent my info in using the address on their site.

This is the email I got from the head guy:

The customers that bought before March 31 2006 do have free upgrades for a lifetime...

I'm not sure how you feel about it, but that's the policy.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

• 2 weeks later...