Neo-prene strap

embraz photography

Hahhaaaaaa.... Of course, you would need the "Nikon" ball cap like Moose Peterson. I really like the OEM neoprene strap on my Leica binocs, but put a sharpie marker to its white logo right away. Looks like Nikon is sourcing out these straps from Op-Tech.

I have a great TAMRAC neoprene strap which I'm very fond of. Being that I'm a woman I prefer that people don't see the NIKON logo on my camera. It's bad enough that it says so on the front..... Been considering filling that in with black sharpie pen to make me slightly less of a sitting duck. Especially with the lenses I own.....

Lil

It's a little known fact that thieves are after the strap, not the camera. They usually dump the camera as soon as they can get the strap off. I have a D2h strap on my tripod, which I am loath to use in public for that very reason ;-)

I hate to think of the consequences when Op-Tech gets name recognition in the underworld.

Hello, I live in N.Y.C and just purchaed a d80. As I read this post I was a little curious about why you don't want a strap or the camera with a logo ie canon/nikon on it. are there people that specifically look to steal these camera's and also is this a big problem here in the states or biggger abroad in other countries

Thanks

anthony

The neoprene straps are nice for what they do: keep the camera from sliding.

However, the Upstrap for example does not allow you to easily pull the strap sideways: it is no-slip neoprene on both sides. AND it does not have a swivel, so if it is messed up when you put it on, it will stay that way, until you throw it away ...

So, get a Domke Gripper with two sides: one slippery, the other no-slip. And while you are at it, get the one with swivels, so you will never be on the wrong side of the strap again. It comes in several width; the 1 inch wide is right for rangefinder bodies, 1 1/2 inch and 2 inch are for heavier rigs. AND it does not have a readable logo on it. You will remain unbranded and free to be you. Cheers!