manual lenses

revolver

as we have been told all lenses from the K1000 is compatible with the K100D.

there are some limitations I know but this is a cloudy shot from the the K100D

with a Seikor lens I have for my K1ooo....

I cleaned it before use but the shot looks like crap...any reasons for this?

You may have mould/fungus on the internal elements of you lens. There is something getting in the way of a clear image. Cleaning the front and rear elements is a start but if there is internal much then you may as well get a new lens. Does this sort of thing happen when you shoot with the k1000?

Try shooting this subject again. It may have been something like a camera strap at the time. If the problem persists change to another lens. If the problem still persists - change the camera ;-)

John,

it is a 30 year old lens so that might be what it is.the last time I used the K1000 and that lens was last summer just before I jumped into digital. while the pictures didnt come out that great they did not have this haze on it.

heres a shot from the Mets game I went to last july.

I dont think this was a top of the line lens in its day but it always worked well with the K1000

looks like I will just "have" to buy that Pentax 50-200MM lens I have been eyeing

lol

Christopher

The haze effect is worse with the flower shot as it may be affected with lens flare. I notice the baseball shot the light is essentially behind you. Fungus growth etc will be more prominent with the light source in front of you - even if a cloudy day.

The 50 - 200 is a very nice zoom lens and well priced - get one.

btw the old lens may make for a possible soft focus portrait lens - the ladies will love you for it. May need to even up the haze a bit though.

all the best