charging for second shooter

lisa h

Hi, I am wondering how much you charge to add an extra shooter to your package

and/or how you arrived at that price.

I am not necessarily asking how much you actually pay the second (or third)

shooter; I am more curious how you arrived at the amount that you charge the

client for the extra shooter. With an additional shooter present, you are most

likely supplying a higher number of images to the client so I assume that you

add on extra $ to account for the additional post processing workload and

additional material costs for proofing... am I missing anything?

Thank you! Lisa

If they take the second shooter out of the package to save money I only take out what I charge the second ($250). Now if they want to add in a second shooter I double the charge to the client to $500. That way the additional work of the images is somewhat paid for, even though it is no wheres enough.

Like Kelvin said, lots of answers. It all depends on your area, NYC, LA, etc will get more than East Podunk, middle of nothing, US.

Figure how long the 2nd is going to be shooting, all day, 4hrs, etc and get an idea of how many extra pics you're going to have to process and get an idea from there.

For me, I figure the 2nd shooter to be there all day (8-10+hrs) and I'm going to have to process around 500+ images and another 20-40hrs of work for me and price it accordingly, including the fee to the 2nd shooter.

I don't offer anything less. It's always two shooters, always $250 per hour. Occassionally someone asks how much for just one shooter but I just explain that we don't work that way. My flexibility is in the timing, usually I have a four hour minimum but will go to three under special conditions (like Fridays of weekends where I already have a big one booked). I pay my second shooter $30 per hour (plus extra for mileage if they have to use their own car) and I do all the post.

Steve, I severly overshot on that, but for some reason, Lightroom, on my machine, a 3.06P4 w/1gb it takes me about 8 seconds on each image before the LOADING indicator stops and it's frustrating, but it would take me about a few hours just to go through them and then another couple to finalize them.

I'm still working on the workflow routines. I could blow through them very quickly with Raw Shooter Premium, but LR seems forever to load pics, I even forced it to render previews, etc, nothing speeds it up.. maybe new time for a HD? Hmmm

Bob,

FWIW - the time savings in getting a new computer is worth it with LR. Seriously. I just put together a Core 2 Duo 2.4 (so 1 step down from the fastest chip out there) with 2GB of some of the fastest RAM out there for...$900. But that didn't include the case or power supply, and only 1 of the 5 HDs I have in there. So about $1000-$1200 minimum, and that's DIY. But performance is impressive. Seriously.

allan