Browser cookie behaving oddly

t_n1

Hello,

I notice that photo.net loses track of my login cookie whenever I use the search

engine and click on one of the search results. It's rather a pain to login again

after using the search engine. Can this be remedied? I believe the problem

becomes consistent when I have a cookie from google for my gmail account as well.

Thanks.

This problem has been reported MANY, MANY times and I know the programmers are looking at it and may have a fix soon.

The cookie is not lost. When you do a search the results are returned for photo.net rather than www.photo.net. These are separate sites with separate cookies (though exactly the same content).

If you add "www." to the front of the site name, your cookies will work just fine.

See this thread from 6 days ago: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00KtTN

Then can the site chop off the www. when navigating. I manage a few sites and they never insert 'www' in front of the domain unless the user actually typed that.

On this site, even if I use 'photo.net', the site inserts 'www.' in front of it. Just some ideas.

No.

The fix is more complex as Jin described in the link cited above.

For now you just have to live with it, but as Jin has said, it's an issue that's being worked on and hopefully we'll come up with a solution that's better than kluging around with the URL prefix