Blurry photos a thing of the past?

Over the course of one year, a team at Mitsubishi has created cameras that

eliminate motion blur and out-of-focus blur. Combined with anti-shake

technology, that eliminates all three sources of blurriness in photos. We

should start seeing the technology in just a few years.

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Mitsubishi-Electric-Develops-Camera-to-Refocus-Photos.htm

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Mitsubishi-Electric-Develops-Deblurring-Flutter-Shutter-Camera-Partners-with-MITU-of-Toronto.htm

Amazing to think that we'll soon be able to fix color casts, exposure, and blur

almost perfectly AFTER THE FACT with software. What an amazing time to be a

photographer.

What is next, a basketball that always goes through the basket, or bat that always hits the ball. Sounds boring to me. There is nothing more satisfying than getting that picture that knocks your socks off and you did it, not a correction program. WOW I just realized I bought a Nikon VR lens. What a hypocrite I am!

"Amazing to think that we'll soon be able to fix color casts, exposure, and blur almost perfectly AFTER THE FACT with software."

Not WE. Even if it really is going to happen (I doubt it) - the software will do it (read: the guys who will have put together the alghoritms and the software).

In the meantime:

To fix color cast: use Custom WB.

To fix exposure: use ambient light measurement with lightmeter (if you do not understand how your camera measures reflected light and what are the consequences of not using exposure compensation).

To fix blur: use proper technique/tripod/fast lens/shutter speed, or combination of all of the above.

Amazing how quickly we are able to accept becoming:

a) automaton signing the credit card slip

b) automaton pushing the button on a black box purchased in step a)

Lightmeters and tripods are great, but when you're a wedding photographer or a photojournalist or a sports photog, you can't control everything at once. Even when this technology finds its way into our cameras, it will be another tool, like anything else. Great to have when you need it.

For fun photography, I'll still be shooting a TLR and developing in the basement.