Strange wave like paterns on 5D image...

charliexia

does anyone know what could have caused these strange wave like patterns on

shots taken by the 5D?

Exposure details:

Canon 5D with 16-35mm f2.8 MKII

ISO 100, 1/30s, f/9.0 zoom at 16mm

converted in Adobe Camara Raw

exposure adjustment: 0.0

shadows: 5

bightness: 50

contrast: +25

saturation: 0

i don't see any paterns from other shots taken that day, would be interested in

any suggestions on what could have caused this artifact, and has anyone else

seen this sort of paterns before.

At work, I can tell whenever a security guard or custodian walks past my cubicle, because the image from my CRT becomes very distorted. I can see this from as far as ten feet away. However, I've never seen this sort of interference on something that doesn't either transmit radio or project an image with a CRT, but I don't doubt that it could be what it is.

We have a similar issue when recording images on a Scanning Electron Microscope in our facility. Our sine waves come from a 60 Hz noise somewhere in the room. It doesn't affect the SEM itself, just the CCD when you go to capture the image. It hasn't been solved yet, but it is something that the noise cancellation unit in the room is not handling.

• 1 month later...

I have just been trying two different EOS 5D's today before committing myself to either Canon or Nikon. When I viewed a couple of the images from both cameras later, they both displayed diagonal and to a lesser extent curved banding on areas of flat colour.

Taken in 2 different camera shops, one with a 70 - 200 f4 and the other with a Sigma 12-24. I wonder if it is a moire pattern.

Anyway it is a bit worrying as I am looking to fork out for one of these.<div>00L9Fs-36519584.jpg.78d68b6e78912d744a6c24b040be5578.jpg</div>