Noise in landscape photos at low ISO

jay_d5

Thank you. Just so you know, I went easy on you. There are a myriad of reasons why one would/should want to know the "why's" of photography and cameras....to take better photos most obviously. The more one understands the medium and the parameters, causes, and effects, the more one can adjust his/her behavior to maximize the quality of the photos. The "shut-up and shoot" school of thought is not one I subscribe to. If everyone did, these forums would cease to exist.

In addition, I've found the amount of misinformation on the internet to be staggering, and feel it is necessary sometimes to discuss an issue in detail to arrive at a genuine understanding-- which may involve asking for sources.

Furthermore, condescending remarks, besides being disrespectful, are counterproductive. In a forum such as this, they usually have the effect of escalating into some kind of internet stand-off.

Good luck in your endeavors as well.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
<p>Jay I absolutely know where your coming from. I still have the same questions. Why should i be seeing so much noise if I'm under exposing. Low iSO should yeild me less noise but that is not the case. Also the only way i can accomplish low light photography is by post processing?</p>