You know what annoys me...

<I>Beau - next time, you should eat the mushroom, then get someone else to take a picture of you</i><P>

Well, back in the 70's if it had been Psilocybe Cubensis poking out of a cow pie that might've been a good thought! And while Amanita Muscaria (aka "Fly Agaric") is supposedly an intoxicant as well, it's a little too closely related to 'shrooms like "Death Cap" and "Destroying Angel" and I didn't have my spore-print test kit.<P>

And who wants to look at some hippy with (literally) a $#it-eating grin who just bludgeoned two people to death with a carbon fiber tripod? ;-)

Fred, you might find this hard to believe.....but I broke my right wrist during puberty and,

well, I'm a lefty. You shouldn't assume everyone agrees with you about hand preference,

stop being divisive! No, just having fun Fred, Rant On, it's thereaputic.

I dunno, maybe Steve is right and my tangental political outburst is out of line. But I will

say this, artists and even people pretending to be artists like myself often have expressive,

temperamental personalities, and let's face it we live in politically charged times...it just

comes out of my pores sometimes. Photo.net is pretty buttoned down for an artistic

community, but as this thread suggests, we all need to vent periodically so what's the

harm if one thread on the casual page strays off nuts and bolts. Discusions about digital

manipulation and camera manufacturers and computer operating systems are pretty

political sometimes and often personal, that's divisive as well but nobody is complaning

that their PC was dissed.

<p>Great thread. Grayson, you've never heard of Arizona White Face Elk? Some of the

Tribes in Arizona let their cows/cattle roam free over their entire reservation and it's not

unusual to drive around and run into a small herd, even in the remotest areas. And you

can't drink the water no matter how remote you think you are because they live near/in

streams from spring through fall.

<p>Trash has some advantages. While learning 4x5 photography I found a white trash

bag useful <a href="http://www.wsrphoto.com/lfblog15.html">one Saturday</a>. I

removed it for the final shot, but there was so much trash inside the landslide debris, it's a

part of the image.

I don't agree with you at all Jay. President-elect Gore has done more good over the last 8 years than any other elected official during my lifetime. Stop picking on him. If you were worth you beans, you would still be living in Pacifica.

What bugs me is that I have to crop all of my 2:3 aspect ratio photos which screws up all of my careful composing. How about a reasonable sized camera with a reasonable aspect ratio?

As this post started with a rural theme. Every year at my local vintage tractor rally (UK) we see people with bright coloured baseball caps ploughing with 1930's machinery. If they want to drive these magnificent machines why not look the part. It takes so long to redress them using photo software.

Folks at stadium events flashing their p&s cameras like the flash will make a difference. Subjects in casual low-light portraits that move after the noise of the shutter opening. Folks with cheap p&s cameras that stand in front of me while I'm trying to get a shot.

Another thing that annoys me. When I let digital photographs to be printed they always do SOMETHING wrong, like doing fill in in stead of fit in (today) or messing up the colors or using auto something in Photoshop etc etc.

Apparently it's hard to find a decent printersomething