Where did you buy your 5D or 1DS Mark II

shawn_hooper

Except for a few camera bags and inexpensive accessories, I have never purchased camera gear from a "brick and mortar" store. All of my purchases have been from KEH.com, B and H, and Adorama. After many thousands of dollars I have yet to have a bad experience with any of these retailers.

1Ds II from Amazon.com. Interestingly, when I bought mine it was badly back ordered everywhere else I looked and it said it would be a month before I'd get it. It arrived less than a week later. Either B&H or Adorama are good too. Good luck!

Unlike some lenses, there is no reason why to buy camera bodies locally rather than via mail order. Assuming, of course, you are already sure you want to buy a particular camera.

Besides B&H, Adorama and KEH, I also had trouble-free experience with Onecall.com; bought a couple of DSLR from the latter.

However if for whatever reason you want to buy locally, I am sure most bigger "offline" stores in the US do carry 5D and 1Ds-II. Check yellow pages for your town.

I bought my 5D and, before that, my 10D, at Tuthill's Photo & Digital in the Binghamton area of upstate NY. It's a mid-sized retail shop that stays on top of digital developments and provides excellent service. I took the first 5D that arrived at the store in October 2005 (see the note under my portfolio portrait). No regrets! Cheers...Bill

yeah i hear you on that dick- i checked out their feedback originally and asked them a few questions and they wanted me to call the 1800 # and order that way ( not good!)- looks like they don't take the time to update their inventory on ebay and rely on pushing accessories/sales that are marked way up

also some ebay members are just way over the top though- giving neg feedback for receiving a sales call- i sell on ebay and know how many wankers are out there

i'm checking with paypal on how much payment protection i would get- they're pretty good about that stuff but want to check first