print correctly. I have take the same photo and used my PC to print it on the

same printer and the colors come out great, I have it always set on the proper

paper and on automatic for everything else, but I don't seem to have an "auto"

option on my Mac. If anyone has any suggestions, please help. I don't want to

calibrate my monitor or add ICC profiles, that is what got me in this mess in

the first place, I just want everything to go back to the default/original

settings I had.

Thanks a lot.

After 25 bad photos, 5 tanks of ink, and hours of frustration....

One more thing, when the photos print, they change color and get much darker

when air drying 10 minutes later. For example, a brown will turn into a very

dark olive green after a few minutes. Could it be an ink problem? I don't know

if that is a clue for something, but I thought I'd include that.

If the prints have changed, you have changed something - paper, settings, adjustments...

Are you using Epson paper. That will give you the best and most consistent results. Epson also provides reasonably good profiles. Are you using a standard color space for your work space? What settings are in the print driver?

You should proceed by learning as much as you can about color management. Books by Bruce Fraser and Martin Evening are particularly good. You don't want to calibrate your monitor or use ICC profiles? Perhaps a different hobby would be appropriate. The mistakes you can possibly make in the absence of understanding are limited only by your ingenuity.

Uh....thanks, I didn't realize I was posting in the "I'm an unhelpful jerk forum who thinks they are superior to everyone because they've memorized the color gamut differences between Adobe RGB and SRGB IEC61966-2.1 forum".

Clearly, my post addresses the fact that I did try and calibrate profiles, and clearly my post addresses the fact that I am using the proper paper. Maybe your reading comprehension is limited by your overly massive sense of igenuity. Like I said, I have set everything back to the default setting and I cannot get the same prints I had when I originally started using this printer. I'm trying to figure out if it is the new inks I bought from Epson or my settings or the printer itself. I'm having a hard time getting an answer from Epson or anyone else about why the inks print out a brown color and then change to a much darker olive green within 10 minutes.

Donny

I doubt that Edward Ingold offered his advise because he wanted to be verbally abused by an

ignoramus. You seem to be asking some knowledgable people how to print without the

benefit of knowledge.

If you want to get some answers, I'd suggest that you apologize for your rude remark and

start by telling us about your photoshop settings as they are now, and hope that someone is

willing to take a chance that they won't be pounced on by you again.

Peter

"You don't want to calibrate your monitor or use ICC profiles? Perhaps a different hobby would be appropriate. The mistakes you can possibly make in the absence of understanding are limited only by your ingenuity."

Number One, I never asked him to make a comment on my hobbies and which ones would be appropriate for me. That is one of the most arrogant things I've ever read that was directed to me by a total stranger. Why would you ask me to participate in a different hobby? Because I don't want to use ICC profiles? Should I no longer print my own photos because you are telling me to switch hobbies? Am I interpreting that comment incorrectly? So only people who want to calibrate their monitors and use ICC profiles should print out photos? Tell me that my prints would come out better using profiles but don't proceed to tell me what hobbies I should be inolved in.

Number Two, isn't he just basically calling me stupid with his second remark? If so, how does that have anything to do with what I am posting?

I am asking for help, not asking to be lectured on my hobbies or on my lack of intelligence in this area, which is WHY I AM POSTING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I feel that I was perfectly courteous with my question and I am pretty sure that it details the fact that I don't have a strong sense of what I am doing with the printing. If Edward would have just left out those last couple of sentences that have nothing to do with my question, I would have never responded in such a way.

Picture staying up past midnight 4 straight nights trying to fulfill a deadline, wasting 20 photo papers, replacing several inks, asking for help in a polite manner, being excited that someone responded to your post and then reading that you should give up the hobby and then being called stupid. Sorry, I blew a gasket.

In all honesty however, I would wholeheartedly apologize if I am completely misinterpreting his last few sentences. Am I wrong in what I am interpreting?

Well, it looks like it might have been a bad yellow ink cartridge. I apologize to anyone who intended to help with this matter and to anyone who I may have offended. It has been a bad 5 days. I hope you'll excuse my outburst based on complete frustration.

I do find these forums extremely helpful and full of people who do want to help with problems.