multiple posting to move the responses in the deleted thread over to the thread

that isn't being deleted?

I just took the time to type out a couple paragraph response to a question, not

realizing it was a duplicate thread. By the time I noticed the same question in

another forum, the first thread I replied to had already been deleted, along

with my reply.

That's just ignorant.

Frank,

I take your point but as things stand it simply isn't possible to move responses from one thread to another. As a major revamp of our software is underway, it's possible that this may change - I don't know.

Meanwhile, surely the people responsible for your frustration are those who ignore the rules and post in multiple forums, not the moderators to try to put things right.

I agree it is a pain - but the ability of moderators to moderate is restricted to the forums they are nominated for. That means that multiple posts can take time to eliminate, rather than being handled by the first moderator that spots them. There have also been instances where a software glitch results in multiple posts in the same forum or in response to the same question. Hopefully these incidents will reduce with the new forum software and servers. The new software may also allow some better approaches to such things as multiple cross forum postings and questions posted in an inappropriate forum to begin with.

It's not possible to move posts or combine threads. I can move whole threads between any forums, but I can't just move responses. The current software simply has no means to do it.

A moderator could kludge something by copying some of the page source and reposting it in the other thread, but it would appear under the moderator's name, not that of the original poster(s).

Maybe one day....