Looking for correct Hassy 50mm f4 C front lens cap

david_drennon

David,

I sell Hassy gear and I'm sure I have the original cap for the 50mm that he mentioned. I'll check tomorrow when I get back home. If you would like to email me personally at kencamera@gmail.com I'll be able to email you back directly to let you know if you're interested.

blessings,

Ken

David

the problem here is that all the plastic Hasselblad caps for the 50mm C lens are now rather old. I have two or three of them, and only one is a tight fit on the lens - the others have stretched with time, and the little grip ribs on the inner face have worn away. Consequently, it is very hard to find a cap now which is a decent fit. The other option is to buy a standard 67mm plastic lens cap from your local camera dealer, which will fit OK but only if the filter retaining ring is removed.

Best regards

John

When I bought the same lens, used of course, it came "equipped" with the plastic lid to a tube of tennis balls. Not only that, the cap was from Wilson "Optic Yellow" balls (how appropriate) and the cap itself was yellow and not easily lost. The cap has an inner ridge which slips over the lip of the filter retaining ring. (If you don't have the ring, obviously the cap is too large.) If you have access to such a cap, give it a try. I also have tried a Schneider push-on cap I bought from B&H but it tends to slip off more easily. My suggestion is only a desperation fix, if you can get the genuine cap it probably would be better.

I bought a couple caps off fleabay that worked pretty well. They fit right, but didn't have a logo on them. fleabay doesn't leave history up very long anymore, so I'm not sure who the seller was, but I buy a lot from americaneagle_camera. The shades work great too.

I am using this lens and bought a no brand lens shade with 67mm screw in type from ebay and its shade is so shadow that it doesnt offer much better shade than using your own hand ! so i dont use anymore , furthermore, u cant put in lens cap when the shade is attached, see?

I use an extra rear lens cap, works great! I bought my 50mm used and the front cap was

missing. I keep my 80mm lens on my ELM when it is stored so I tried slipping it on and it

worked. I noticed when trying other rear caps from different C lenses that some were not as

snug.

Dan