how long phenidone powder will keep?

I recently read about phenidone magical qualities, in particular, in some

two-bath developers.

After reading Ronald Moravets posting about short life of methol, I relocated

all my methol into small bottles and sealed them by tape, as was advised by Ronald.

I also have hydrochinone, I assume that I'll have to do the same to it, when I

have time.

What about Phenidone? Is it also prone to fast damage like methol? I did not buy

any of it, but tempted to buy and it's very very expensive.

Does anyone know about life expectancy of phenidone?

Many thanx in advance!

yours,

Valery

I bought phenidone at least 18 months ago but I have used it so far only for PC-TEA. The PC-TEA lasts so long I hope the rest of my henidone supply is still good. What about Metol? In High School I bought a pound of the stuff (Elon) in the Kodak container with the white plastic bottom and the yellow and red metal top. Decades later it looked more tan than white and I used some to make a liter of D-23. The D-23 worked perfectly. At some point I discarded the rest and bought a new batch. My conclusion is that for strict lab tests metol might degrade over time but it will actually work in a film developer a lot longer.

I was given some metol and I have no idea how old it is. It is from Kodak and came in a brown, glass jar. The stuff looks more like Ovaltine than metol. I don't use it for film, but it makes an OK print dev for contact sheets and I dump it after the session. It's definitely lost much of it's ability to reduce silver.