The processor will make no difference what so ever!

The only time you ever have to worry is regarding Operating Systems (OS). I.E. if you are using a MAC with Apple OS then you need to make sure that your programs specify that you can use it with that OS. MACs with Intel chips and Windows will take any software that runs on any PC.

You might run into heated debates with processor is better for graphic work but all PC programs will work on all Intel and AMD processors.

Happy graphicking!

<p>I've never looked into it myself, so I would take this with a grain of salt, but I've seen a number of opinions that AMD CPUs tend to outperform Intel CPUs for running Photoshop.</p>

<p>Anyway, the answer to your question is easy enough to find, straight from the horse's mouth. Go to Adobe's site and type "photoshop athlon" (without the quotes) into their search engine.</p>

Yes... but will it run "Flight Simulator"? ;-) (Back in the 80's a "clone" PC's compatibility was many times measured by whether it would run Microsoft's "Flight Simulator") I'm quite sure AMD will have no problems with any PC version of Photoshop or PS Elements.

Aloha James,

I ran PSE 4 and now I have 5 running on my desktop. I also have PSE 4 on my laptop which is an AMD turion.

I have been an AMD Athlon user for almost 8 years and three cpu's. Admittedly I don't use exotic software, but I have never had a problem. I think that might just be (especially in this day and age of proceesor competition) an old wives tale or even an internet rumor. Why would any programer write code (today) that had any limitations such as this - no job security there. That person would be finding work in a different industry within days of release.

No truth to this idea...

Keep in mind you can download free trials for 30 days directly on line of elements. Maybe any of adobe's programs? So download and have fun.

Mckenna