24-70 f2.8 L Great lens for weddings or not?

john_redding

Just took delivery of my 24-70 f28 L Canon lens witch replaces a cheap 28-80

that I had been using with my 5D. Had it mounted on the camera with in a minute

out of the box and shot 5 or 6 shots to check out in CS2, very delited. What

lens do most of you guys? I beleave this could be my faverite.

Looking at outfitting this spring with the 70-200L IS, as well, but wondering about the above-mentioned 24-70 vs. the 16-35, particularly in light of the fact that I have the 85 1.8 already --- open to opinions; shooting weddings, interested in the wider 16 for establishing shots of venues, local wineries, church interiors, etc., to help set context.

Thoughts are most welcome -

-Mike

And the point of buying it and then asking is what exactly? If this focal length is what you need and you like a fast focusing super sharp f2.8 normal zoom with great contrast and the best hood design ever made for a zoom lens then you will not be disappointed by this lens.

I would have a go at your spelling but I have no doubt that I can speak even one word of your native language (I assume you are not a native English speaker) never mind spell it, so I'll keep my mouth shut! ;-)

24 to 70mm F2.8 does not get as much use as 85mm F1.8 for me. Ideal Canon 35mm body and lens Wedding Kit:

Around my neck: 2 x 5D `s. Mounted; 16 to 35mm F2.8L; 85mm F1.8 (70%) or 24 to 70 F2.8L (30%); 580EX Flash on each

Back Up: 1 x 20D in bag mounted with 70 ? 200mm F2.8L

Additional in bag: 50mm F1.4; x1.4II converter; Spare Flash

Regards

WW

I use the Tamron 28-75 and love it, I use that about 80-90% of the time for my wedding shots. Using a 20D for now, I really like the 10-22 and the 70-200 (I rent both) and will be buying one of them in the near future.

it all depends on what you're shooting to determine the best lens.