What is real photography, what do you wait out of a scene?

I think that photography is a social art , more than any other, and it

contains reality, it contains documentary sometimes more than aesthetics.

Sometimes, it can be seen simple but may be complicated , and sometimes it

seems to be complicated beside the fact that it is simple... I look to the

Photographic Arts from a window of mind not the eye, and I'm sorry that I

could not explain myself this way... E.E.

1) Thats what I mean exactly,with an explanation every picture can be seen in photographic art.The important is that how you look at it, what you feel at it.Aesthetic is not always important in photography.

2) There is a debate I have to correct.With the term social art, I mean that photography is more inside the life than the others.It's a mirror , reflects life.Of course painting art, music etc. does the same.But I mention that photography has more, that's why I take photographes.

"I think that photography is a social art, more than any other"

Is it? I think this really depends on the perception of every individual. Music can be very 'social' too. Just imagine a Fado singer singing a sad Fado about the hardship of life. To me, such art is much more of a 'social art' than, for example, many painterly pictorialist photographs.

Let me try. Photography has a potential to be more of a social art than other arts because of its immediacy and the fact that you can carry a camera with you all the time and almost continuously capture and experience social interaction. You could do this with music if you went around singing everywhere or playing a harmonica, but that brings me to another point:

It is easy for the novice to experiment with photography for expression and even occassionally achieve competence, but this is more difficult for some other arts. This is partly why photography is popular. It is also popular because as the poster says, it blends seemlessly with a documentary function, perhaps like oral history does. Painting is easy to try, but I would suggest it is more difficult to be occassionally competent.

Photography at the least has become a tradtional way for people to document their lives and their families and simultaneously express themselves with the ever-present potential to achieve something greater. No wonder its quite popular.