freelance work...

josh_miller7

how exactly do you go about asking a nightclub or concert place or even a small

business if they would like some photographs taken of the interior/exterior look

and feel to hopefully get your name out around your city and start making money

in photography? i assist weddings and freelance work part-time while working

full-time in a warehouse to pay bills. i want photography to stay my hobby, but

also become my career. how do you get jobs?

Salesmanship is one starting point.

Having a decent collection of images to show how good your work is, won't hurt your chances either.

If you have plans for the future, begin with a few business courses at the local community college, or see if the Small Business Administration office in your city has starting-a-business classes you might enroll in. Shooting images is but one part of making a "business" successful in photography. [There are sales tax issues, social security and self-employment withholding tax amounts, advertising budgets, among other things to consider.]

You seem a bit vague about what type of photography you want to do. If you want to be a wedding photographer keep on assisting untill you have a good portfolio.

Any one who is going to allow you access will have to have confidence in your work. Chicken and egg. The same applies for all photography jobs.

Find a nightclub with pictures on their website and ask. Be prepared for a knockback. It's a long hard slog I'm affraid.

^^^i honestly want to do everything. people always ask what type of photography i want to do. i love every aspect of photography. weddings portraits, sports, etc... i enjoy it all. i've created business cards. and i've taken a few senior pictures and things, it's just not really bringing any more business in. i'm starting a photography course at the community college that has a business on photography class. so hopefully they'll give me a few tips. thanks guys.