Where are the coolscans?

I think generally Nikon is having supply problems. A dealer was out of a basic lens I wanted to buy for months. Accessories are very difficult to buy (even batteries). I'm not sure what's up, but when you buy a Nikon, you sort of expect to be able to buy quality Nikon accessories.

I had exactly the same problem so I emailed Nikon UK and asked when they were getting it

sorted out. They responded by providing me with this link:

http://www.nikon.co.uk/where_to_buy/ .

I thought they were having a laugh, but true enough one supplier:

https://www.kpprof.com/default_s.htm

had one in stock and I picked it up on Monday! Its an excellent scanner. They still have

one listed as in stock....

Dave

Malcolm. I was basing my findings on Warehouse express. I've had good service from them before but every time i asked them they told me nikon uk are waiting for stock to arrive therefore leading me to assume that nobody else has one.

Anyways its 30quid cheaper from them

Cheers for that David. Many thanks

Some of the suppliers in The USA have them on back order as well.

This may partly explain why there's such a hot market for the units second-hand on Ebay here in the States. It's ridiculous - I've seen people paying over new price for used units. I'm sure if I felt like parting with it I could put Coolscan V on Ebay tomorrow and probably make a profit on it. With shipping included you can pick them up new here for about $540 if you look around, yet only a few weeks ago I saw someone go to $570 for a used unit. Crazy.

Cheers.......Tim

Less than a month ago I asked this same question about the 5000. About 2 weeks ago Adorama got a few in stock and I quickly snatched one up. Fantastic scanner. I have not perfected the process yet, so the pictures are not quite as good as my Minolta Scan Elite 5400II was, but this is definitely easier to use, quicker, and quieter than the Minolta was. My guess is that once I get used to it, the pics may turn out about the same. Definitely glad I bought it!

• 2 weeks later...