Pinhole photography with a Pentax 67II...Any suggestions?

cimino55

Hello,

I am interested in doing pinhole photography with a Pentax 67II. I see on "that auction site," they are

selling pinhole body caps for the Pentax 67II body. Is this is a good idea, or is it a better idea to put

pinholes in your respective Pentax lens caps? I'm also interested in doing macro-pinhole photography, so

perhaps, I'd have to drill a pinhole in my macro lens cap? Any suggestions?

Adam

Not that I'm an expert on this but my understanding is the hole has to be VERY round or else you will have a lot of aberations. Considering that they are so expensive generally I would think that simply sticking a pin in a body cap isn't going to cut mustard.

You don't do pinhole photography with a lens cap on a lens- the lens needs to be out of the way, which is why you use a body cap. If you locate an opaque body cap for cheap, just drill a big hole through it (1/4" or so), tape foil over it, and put the pinhole in the foil instead of in the body cap itself. Macro photography would just use the same rig, although you should theoretically use a smaller pinhole for closer-up stuff. If you can't locate a disposable body cap, you could just use masking tape to tape foil over the lens opening on the body and try it that way. You can also buy the precision pinholes ready made, and make your own from a body cap using one of them.

Another option with 120 film is that there are any number of old 120 box cameras that can readily be converted to pinhole use. Try to get one with a "B" setting so you can use the existing shutter. They may not be quite as wide angle as a body cap on your 6x7.