what happend to this negative

golden

there's nothing you can do to solve the problem on the neg. All you can do is some burn with higher contrast filter but it wont be perfect.

Try to figure out if you exposed it to Xrays or harsh direct light. Film canisters allway say "do not expose to direct light" and some manufacturers insist about it in some of there 120 films, it depends on the spectral sensitivity. The red side of the spectrum penetrates easily and if the film you're using has an extended sensitivity to this wave lenght you get a fogged film. This is very important in infrared film.

Sorry about the film :(

The symptom also looks consistent with poor fixing. A look at the actual negative will easily tell. Incomplete fixing will show up as a milky white or light purplish area of the negative, a distinctly different color and look than fogging, which shows up as black, the same as any other exposure to light.

<p>

If it's incomplete fixing, re-fixing can help, even if it's been awhile since the negative was processed. The sooner, the better, though.

My first roll I ever processed did that to me, and it was a fixing issue. Make sure you give your fixer enough time to completely fix the negitive. I usally give the fixer a little more time fix the neg, then wash and dry extened times.

No matter how many rolls of film I process, there is always a grin on my face when I see my negtives nice and clear, as I hang it up to dry.

I made fresh fixer and developed another roll, they were great. i then took some of the bad ones and refixed them, they turned out very good. what a relief, thanks again to all those that gave feedback. dont know what i would do if i didnt have the gurus at photo.net ur much appreciated