SB-800 with an umbrella

dale_golemon

It is called "Impact Digital Flash" by the vendor, but really has little or nothing to do with any digital flash. You can place any flash in the umbrella, including SB-800.

Umbrellas are usually used with much more powerful flashes that include modelling lights, but 2 of SB-800 could work, if you are willing to use higher ISO, open lens wider and give up some DOF, or move the umbrellas very close to the subject.

That's a pretty good price, if the equipment is sturdy. I note that the collapsed length is 27 inches, and that's pretty good. I am skeptical, though, that the entire kit weighs only 2.4 lbs, so I suspect that is the weight of one stand.<p>One SB800 works fine in limited applications... most people who want to use these very small but sophisiticated lights as their sole lighting tools, end up buying 3 or more, and at that point (dollar and power), I prefer Lumedyne.<p> That said, I keep a small stand and a 30" umbrella in a sling bag in my car all the time, and an SB800 in my camera bag. If you learn how to use the remote infrared trigger in the pop up of your late model Nikon to fire the SB (block the preflash with a bit of IR filter), it's a very light and appealing (and wireless!) kit indeed... t<div>00Il28-33450484.jpg.58235de7d3e6a0fbd14d7143c07fd102.jpg</div>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...