M8 Pics!

travis l.

The M8 gives me hope, even if I can't really afford one. Voigtlander and Zeiss must be

looking thoughtful and they're all producing M lenses. A Cosina-produced DRF seems

more and more likely. I'd love a Bessa D with a 35mm lens. I could afford that without

screaming.

<P>And if classic rangefinders with a digital option come on the market and succeed, will

it be too long before one of the DSLR companies decides to bring out a small, compact

manual DSLR that can cope with manual lenses and has a big, clear viewfinder? Olympus is

shouting about the smallness of the new E400. Will we see a Nikon FM3d that will take my

AI/S lenses? Don't forget that Zeiss is producing F-mount prime lenses... What do they

know, I wonder?

<P>So here's hoping for the M8, for lots of reasons.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Am I missing something?"

Yup.

Yup, thin and weak photos, with all due respect to the photographer, who was just been happy snapping. Same as the DMR photos which were also weak with blocked shadows and blown highlights. When will Leica have some respect for the Leica forums? Is it just about the designer image and the photos are irrelevent? Yup,the boutique/designer brigand will kiss arse, worship, as long as the label is there.

The first M8 photos,well. Sad or what!<div>00Ib0l-33209084.jpg.739ee2f402b6c6bdf27f060dded01720.jpg</div>

allen, in your first pic, the '9' on the boys back seems quite blown out. was i wrong in thinking this pic was proving a point you think you have?

pics 2 and 3 are snoozes.

how about we all start concentrating on actual picture taking rather than who has 5 g's to spend on a camera that may or may not be what WE want to use.

cheers :)

allen, your initial post was pompous.

you made an arguement about blocked up shadows and blown out highlights, and then went on to post a pic (defending your arguement??) that contains a blown out highlight. i noted this and said we should focus on taking pictures and leave who shoots with what gear up to the individual.

i'm sure most here agree with me. good day.

contains a blown out highlight

Are you blind, Matt. The number nine was was white....what tonal quality do you expect it to have other than white? Blind faith in a product is really what you are talking about, and you know that is true.

I'm not anti Leica far from it, i love their lenses, but i will challenge the crap produced on this forum.

The above photos could have easily been taken by any P/S...but the faithful will cheer an arse dropping. Looking at your work i would have thought you were beyond such sadness.

you want some low res jpg on the internet as proof? proof of what allen?

that's why this is ridiculous to begin with. the tone you went about your post was pompous. you post 4 mediocre digital pics (digital in the sense that we are viwing these on a monitor) to prove something...but what!?

and yet you ramble on.<div>00Ib6L-33212584.thumb.jpg.5b984399395c80c7f73a94b3bf1451ba.jpg</div>

and yet you ramble on.

Oh, dear, I'm ttying to have a decent conversation with a few photos, and I get abuse. Jeez, I've even been really nice to the dude and complemented on his photos. What do I get in response, abuse about my photos. And an abusive photo.

Is their anything scarier in the world than faith and believe?...come and join us or else. Oh, well.

Sadman, show me your stuff, our shut up. Talk is cheap.Good excuse for the sad, the computer screen....hey, if you look at my work printed it's still crap! Honest,Matt..

True.Bet he wears a floral shirt.