Bronica SQ 200mm F4.5 S or 150mm 3.5 S and 65mm PS or 50mm S

francisco_bal1

Hi guys could you help me pls to choose which best lens combination for my me, ill be using

it mainly for landscape, studio portrait, environmental portrait and some street and travel

photography, my present setup is a bronica SQa whit prism finder, speed grip and 80mm S

with couple 120 back and 120j thanks for your reply

Francisco

Franciso

Split the difference and get the 180mm. I focuses at half the distance the 150 or 200 does. I have the 150mm and it does not focus close enough for good portraits (6 feet vs 3 feet).

For landscape get the 50mm. You can always crop the image from the 50mm but you can't stretch the image from the 65mm. Personally I like my 40mm over my 50mm.

If you've got the 80 then the 65 is too close. Its also not really wide enough for an expansive landscape. The 50S is a perfectly decent lens. There's a lot of them about. I'd go that way.

With the longer lens ain its going to be easier to buy a 150 rather than the comparatively hard to find 200 /180. Depends how close you want to get for the portrait stuff really. If you're happy with a little space around a head/shoulders ahot I'd go for the 150 which I think is a rather nore useful lens outside.

If your 80mm is satisfactory doing portraits I would go wide.

What do you shoot more? Pick the appropriate lense.

You may/probably will find the longer lenses and their minimum focus distance frustrating if you like head shots. At 6 feet you get something like mid-chest/head.

FWIW... I use a GS1 and love the 200mm despite this, though I have a 100mm on order pretty much for head shots.