International warranty

richard hooker

Good afternoon

I am currently in Vietnam and need to pick up a new Nikon D200.

I have found a dealer who has stated that he only has 1 year Japan and 6 month

Vietnam warranties.

I am based in Singapore. Does this mean the camera would not have a valid

warranty if if encountered a problem and I was not in either Japan or Vietnam?

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

I am surprised you got warranty in 2 countries.

From what I know the 12 months is from the country where you bought it and anywhere else you have to ship it back to claim warranty or else fix it on location for a fee.

I bought mine in Japan a D70 and I have sent it back 3x.

Do a search on the net. To get address, they don't have a phone number to their service centres but they have fax, they do not have email either.

I dont' have a fax, so I sent a fax from my comptuer asking them to email or phone me, no replies. So I just sent it there blindly and they returned email to me and a letter in the mail. They did est and sent me letter saying free under warranty but I had to pay the return post for the first time, the 2nd and 3rd time they fit the return bill. When I sent it there I had to sent it there by registered mail with tracking number and insured.

The address, is in Shinagawa, Tokyo. Somewhere there.

This might be your answer:

The Nikon USA warranty on film cameras, lenses, and speedlights will be honored by Nikon-authorized service centers outside the United States as long as you have the yellow copy of the Nikon USA warranty and your sales receipt from a dealer in the USA. The key to the validity of the warranty is a sales receipt from the country in which you purchased the equipment. If you purchase equipment in another country where the Nikon Worldwide Warranty applies, copies of the sales receipt and this warranty are necessary to obtain warranty service in the USA. Buying the equipment with a Nikon Worldwide Warranty in the United States is not recommended because that warranty is not valid in the USA without a sales receipt from an overseas dealer, and it is not valid outside the USA with a sales receipt from a dealer in the USA.

Please note that the Nikon USA warranty we supply with our sport optics products (binoculars, fieldscopes, spotting scopes, etc.) is valid only in the USA. The same is true of the Nikon Digital Imaging Limited Warranty we supply with digital cameras and film scanners.

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9677&p_created=1081355310&p_sid=5HHGO1hi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NCZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PXdvcmxkd2lkZQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1