bug in the POW page?

yann_r.

Hi there,<br>

Going back on the POW this morning, I was quite surprised to not recognize the

discussion. Why <A

HREF="http://www.photo.net/photo/3307418">this page (from PN

main page)</A> and <A

HREF="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00GumC&tag=">this one

(from forums page)</A> are different?<br>

The difference appears between the comments left by Sylvie Lueders, June 14,

2006; 11:54 A.M. and Mary Ball - Virginia - DC Weddings, June 14, 2006; 12:02

P.M.<br>

Is this a bug or something else normal I don't know?

I noticed this as well...

Seems one of the pages (the first link you provided) puts the uploaded image "before" the contributors text post - and the other link puts the uploaded picture "after" the contributors text post.

Anotherwords.. The uploaded image is my corrected image with notes that I uploaded... In one page it appears before my text and in the other it appears after my text.

Yann - the only comments that are deleted are....

comments that are answering someone who's comment is deleted because they were rude or discussed policy instead of making a critique...

Comments that complain about the "choice" rather than critique the image.

Comments that attack another member.

They are different because the POW discussion is actually a forum thread with a moderator. There is POW forum, and you can see its index page just like any other forum. The forum moderators have the same tools as in any other forum.

The comments on normal photos are not "forum threads" and the tools available for administering them are not as flexibile as those moderators have on forum threads. Why there is a difference between "forum threads" and "photo comment threads", I don't know, and I think this is probably bad design, but that is the situation.

Anyway, to complicate matters further the POW is a special case. The code that displays photos and their comment threads knows about POW's, and during the week a photo is the POW, the forum thread discussion is merged in and the "Critiques" include both the "photo comments" and the "POW forum thread". If you go to the POW Forum and select the POW discussion, you will see only the POW discussion. But if you click on the POW thumbnail, e.g. on the Home Page, then you will see the photo comment thread for the POW (essentially, the comments before it was selected as POW) and the POW forum discussion, merged together.