Language accents for critiques

dave_dube

My problem is when I post a critique in Spanish or French and have the

accents placed correctly over a vowel, the preview shows me the way it's

suppose to appear when confirmed. When I confirm and view, it's not expressed

correctly. I do see other critiques with accents correctly expressed, so?

Two examples are (not sure how they will appear):

fotográfica porqué

You can always post in HTML <em>and use the standard HTML codes for the accented letters</em>.

<p>

If you want a full list of accent codes for HTML, <a href="http://www.starr.net/is/type/htmlcodes.html"> this link points to one I found via Google</a>.

<p>

I type this:<br>

fotográfica porqué

<p>

And it looks like this in the final posting:<br>

fotográfica porqué

<p>

By using the standard HTML codes, you can be fairly well assured that your posting will be read the same in any HTML-compliant browser.

<p>

I viewed the source to what you posted above, and it looks like you just typed the extended characters directly into your text, either with a foreign language keyboard, or by doing something like holding down the alt key and hitting the numbers 1-6-0 in sequence to produce á. That method is less reliable than using the standard HTML codes.

If the page with the form has one charset and you are typing characters from another charset into the form, usually your browser will replace these characters with &-entities when submitting the form. However, this behavior and the exact &-entities used for substitution vary between browsers. A little testing will show what works and what does not.