Coho

I have noticed that in most 24 hour periods there are now fewer than

150 images in the TRP default. I am aware that anonymous ratings can

be generated by the rate recent category (only those ratings count and

you need 5 to get into the TRP) and by each individual category

(i.e.birds, insects, travel, etc. and these ratings , even though

anonymous, don't count towards the 5 needed to get in te TRP). Can

you explain the rationale for excluding the latter anonymous ratings

from the TRP quota of 5 needed to be posted?

Carl is spot-on with this. If the category rates were counted towards the default TRP ranking the floodgates of Hell would be opened and the world as we now know it would end.<p>

To further insure that this dire scenario not happen I would also like to see an increase in the delay of recently "Submitted For Critique" photographs before they appear in the queue. In other words, when a critique request has been given to a photograph, that photograph should not appear in the Rate Recent Queue until some random time later, say, between 4 to 8 hours after the submission has been made. It is far too easy to upload something, submit it for critique, and then email some "friends" (or wake-up the sockpuppets) to visit the Rate Recent interface. This has been mentioned before in this Forum.

Walter, I can't believe how can people be so pathetic. I can't say that I'm too surprised by reading what you say about emailing to friends to rate their photos in queue. Since my relatively recent discovery of the professional mate rating clubs, that none of those schemes seem to surprise me as much as how ridiculous some people can be. I guess that socially speaking, photo.net is just a reflection of the real world and that scares me!...

I agree with Walter's suggestion, but would have to add that something would have to be done to the 24 hour view (maybe do away with it), since even now by the time the system recognizes that a photo has any ratings, the 24 hours is almost over. The last few photos I've submitted have taken five or six hours to even show there were any views. I normally don't pay any attention to this, but it was brought up in another forum thread so I was curious.

Oh, and Alexandre, the real world IS a scary place. Photonet is just a place. Cheers.

I would post very little, if at all, if the site adopted Walter's suggestion. Too long to wait for feedback. Too irritating that the site would be running even more on the defensive against so-called mate-rating, when it doesn't really matter very much at all to me.