Wilma hurricane,Everybody ok in Florida area?

c_d5

Hope all is well with folks in Florida too. <BR><BR>The Weather Channel experts said that the hurricane after Wilma is alpha;<b> "since the entire alphabet is exhausted".</b> What about the few X, Y, and Z names? What about having hurricanes Xenia; Yvonne; Zamfir? How about Zeus; Yousef?; Xerxes; Xenos; Xander? Yoko; Yolanda; Xenon; Xena; Yuki; or SNL's Zambeer?<BR><BR>

With Katrina; I took alot of camera gear into the attic; before flooding. I had alot of gear that went under salt water too. Be REAL carefull; dont force any diaphram's on dunked lenses; the pivots on the iris blades will shear. An aluminum mount lens gets corroded up quickly; an old all brass mount lens is WAY better in robustness; if lost and found under salt water. The salts will eat off the coatings; or leave a scum ring on the elements. If you find a lens under salt water; place it in fresh water quickly.

Raid,

Got to the Oyster Bar on Navy Blvd. and throw back a few dozen oysters for me, ok? I

developed the taste for those beauties while living there years ago when my father-

in-law who was born in New Jersey taught me the art of eating raw oysters. He is

now gone and I'm fearful that Katrina might not have done the Louisianna oyster beds

any good. There is NOTHING similar to a raw oyster fresh from Louisiana!

We're thinking about all our friends in Florida these days and hope all is well.

Man have I ever been getting the "I told you so"s from my wife the past several days. We've heard there were windows blown out in our florida condo complex but neighbors said ours were ok. Nobody has power, phone, the street lights are out and driving is treacherous, power poles are leaning over, wires hanging low, trees down in the road everywhere, nobody can buy gas because the stations can't pump it without power, etc. etc. My wife refused to let us go there this year until after hurricane season, looks like she was right.