Where you from mister?

<p>

I've lived in Ayr, SW Scotland for last 25 years. Originally from Sunderland in England. 54th birthday coming up in Jan.

<p>

I shoot with an M6, 21mm, 35mm, couple of 50mm and 90mm lenses.

<p>

Regards Les

<p>

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Stuart Richardson,

What does a typical Scot look like. My father was born near Motherwell, very tall with blue eyes. I am 6 ft 5 inches. I always assumed that Scots have a lot of Viking blood in their veins. Enjoyed a wonder visit to beautiful Edinburgh 20 years ago. Lang may lum reek!

For Todd Peach,

When you describe your town as a "bedroom" community, I wonder in you meant to say Brothel rather than Bothell. My town in Bellevue and I worked mostly at the DC on military aircraft, with the them of "bringing bombs and people together".

Born at Atsugi Naval Air Station, Japan, 51 years ago. Grew up in a military family (USMC), attended highschool in Illinois, college in New Mexico and grad school in Massachusetts. Been in Virginia for 17 years, last five in Maryus, in the heart of Guinea, located in the Tidewater of the Chesapeake Bay. I work in Williamsburg, VA.

Gradually divesting Leica gear, but hanging on to a IIIf and an M4-P with various Summicrons. Make most of my images these days with an Olympus E1.

Good thread.

Cheers!

Chandos

Stephen,

You are correct. It is fora.

Stuart Richardson,

Can you please explain The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov to me? I read it many years

ago in English, and am positive I missed something.

Oh, I also spent 4 years in Chicago at the University of Chicago, some time in Israel, and

took a few trips to Asia for business. Most of my shots are taken with an M6TTL .85 and a

50/1.4 'lux or an ancient Nikon 85/2.0. I love the Mamiya 7 II as well. Alas, it is in the

shop until next week.

Mikal -- there's a cat, who is also the devil, and blisteringly difficult to read chapter on Jesus

and the pontius pilate having a chat. My professor has a nice website on the book that will

tell you everything that I don't remember. I read it about 7 years ago and I have forgotten

most of it. I remember two things: 1.)I liked it a lot. 2.) Bulgakov's prose is the most difficult

to read in Russian of any author i have yet encountered. Pushkin and Chekhov being the

easiest, followed by Chernyshevsky, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy and Belyi and so forth. But anyway,

the professor's site is good. <a href=<"http://cr.middlebury.edu/public/russian/Bulgakov/

public_html/"> Master i Margarita</a>

Al Kaplan,

You seem to have gone for all the gusto, and have had a great life. I admire you for it. Keep on truckin, Babe. I spent 46 years of my life sucking up to either the Air Force and/or Boeing and now realize I could have done better. Conformity sucks! I wish I had been more daring.

I'll use station call letters to desribe my journey:

WCCO -> KGTV -> KTLA -> KGTV -> WVLD -> KGTV

And no I'm not in the B'cast biz though I've wished I'd been more non-conformist (good point Kerry) in my life. Had the chance once but was a bit young to set out on my own...