appears). Only after many repeated reloadings some of them start to

open while most continue not to, which is very annoying to say the

least...

My question is, if anyone knows if there is any problem with my

internet configurations and how to change them in order to display

properly those thumbnails?

Thanks!

Aleandre G.

Those red 'x's are called placeholders, and some Windows computers will show them or not, depending on settings.

That you cannot 'load' the photos in their place probably indicates that your 'browser' 'cache' is full and needs to be cleaned out.

Every time you download someting, it is stored under most settings, in case you want to go back there later, without waiting for a download.

You can also eliminate this 'cache' under Internet Explorer (IE) by doing the following Go to 'Tools' > Internet Options > 'General' tab, then look for 'Clear History'

If you go to the 'Advanced' tab under the 'Mutimedia' setting look for 'Show Image Download Placeholders'. It is a check the box setting. By checking it, the placeholders will indicate when an image should be shown in a download, to be completed when the image finishes downloading (if your browser cache is now full). If you do not check it, you simply will have 'blanks' where images should be. It is helpful to have the box checked so it will tell you if your browser cache is 'full' because the red 'x' will show for each image not appearing.

The browser is the part of your computer that you use to search the Internet, such as Mozilla, Internet Explorer, AOL, etc.

The most common web 'browser' is Internet Explorer, and that is what I've told you how to 'fix' but similar instructions relate to other 'web browsers'.

Try this path in Internet Explorer: Start > All programs > accessories > system tools > disk cleanup if you have Windows XP, and similar in other, previous Windows programs.

In any case, if you have Norton SystemWorks try the 'Cleansweep' function which empties most of the browser, plus other things.

'Disk Cleanup' under Windows also does more than just clear out the browser cache, and it will prompt you about what portions of your hard disk you want to 'clean up'.

This should follow your problem. Then using instructions above, you can choose whether you want to see those red 'x' placeholders in the future, if you are using Internet Explorer in Windows.

Hope this helps; there are other problems that might also affect whether or not you have those red 'x's but this is the most prevalent. Ask again if it continues to block your browsing, and keep a copy of this to use again, because your browser cache periodically will fill up.

With best wishes,

John (Crosley)

John thank you very much for your answer.

I did as you advise me, I have cleaned the browser cache and history files, but the problem continues...:( My browser is MS Explorer 6.0 and I'm using windows XP.

I would be very grateful if you have any other idea.

Best regards,

Alex