are you on AIM?

brambor

AIM - aol instant messenger

<br>

I've had a screen name for years. It's also a part of my cell phone. It would be fun to have a folder for forumers. I haven't given it much thought if there are any security issues in just posting my screen name here. At any rate, if you want mine for yours just send me an e-mail.

<br>

Rene -- I vaguely recall that a few of us (incl Trevor if I'm not mistaken?) tried that once or twice. There already exists a pnet .... something -- room, tent, cave ?

Kids use the im functions incessantly. For all the excitement, though, it's really not much faster than Morse Code.

Let me see if I can find the earlier thing. If I do find it, I'll post it.

Trillian does not work on Macs. :(

On my FreeBSD box I run GAIM that allows me to connect to Yahoo and AOL from the same application.

I've been playing with Skype and now Gizmo for making cheap calls and recording podcasts, but you can talk for free with these services computer to computer and also do conferences.

Eric, I don't know what Trillian is. Can I use my MSN/hotmail userid for it?

I normally just use MSN instant messenger.

Contact me on my normal e-mail (via photo.net) and I can add you to my MSN. (Or Trillian if my hotmail ID works on it & it downloads OK.)

I would like to talk offline from PN to some of you guys sometimes.

i'm getting old. Memory is going...

i just got dialed in and sure, i'm in with im'ing...

Trillion is a third party software that allows all other im'ing programs to work together. so, if someone is on msn and another is on yahoo and another icq everyone can still chat. currently only msn people can chat with other msn people and not with yahoo. it's also the only im'ing software that allows conversations to be saved as data and hence business people use it. this feature and it's compatibility ease is why it's popular. probably safer from big bro too...

• 1 month later...